So, Monday 9th May, week five progress…………….
These are the goals I set at the start of my Muffin Top Challenge, my progress for this week is in red.
1. Exercise EVERYDAY: Jog/Workout DVD/Brisk buggy walk/Bike Ride/Trampolining (housework DOES NOT count) Failed – Much better this week, I’ve discovered Parkrun Events, which means I can run 5km, timed around Lakeside park each Saturday with other runners all for FREE (yet to do this though!) I’ve also signed-up to do Race4Life on 12th June, so now I have to train, managed 3.1miles (just under 5km on Sunday). Good news is that I’ve returned to netball which was great and agreed to play in the league. I feel more motivated, although have not managed to exercise EVERYDAY.
2. No more baking cakes, pies and biscuits (unless for others/gifts) Successful
3. Do not buy ANYMORE chocolate (even when I’m due on!) Successful – well same as last week, I didn’t ‘buy’ any, but Jez and I shared a Mint Aero Easter Egg which was in the cupboard.
4. Have only ONE daily treat (i.e. biscuit with coffee at friends or Tots groups) Successful – I think I’ve done quite well here with this.
5. Reduce portion sizes by AT LEAST 25% Successful – still managing to keep an eye on portion sizes, using smaller plates/bowls has helped.
6. Drink more water Successful
7. Alcohol ONLY on Jez’s rest days Failed! Drank two bottles of wine this week and suffered the consequences as alcohol doesn’t mix with my medication!
8. Carbs only ONCE day Failed – this is really hard, may have to review this goal.
9. Sensible puddings ONLY when eating out/entertaining Successful
10. Pray into this DAILY Successful, just as well really, as couldn’t do this in my own power!
I will revisit this post weekly to record my progress, by week 10 I will review the goals originally set and may consider setting a target weight to reach.
“For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.” 1 Tim 4:8