So, Monday 2nd May, week four progress…………….
These are the goals I set at the start of my Muffin Top Challenge, my progress for this week is in red.
1. Exercise EVERYDAY: Jog/Workout DVD/Brisk buggy walk/Bike Ride/Trampolining (housework DOES NOT count) Failed – Completely rubbish AGAIN this week, look so fat, haven’t lost any weight so can’t see the point. However, I have walked twice, jogged once but not done the DVD. Found a new route which is good, just need to get out there and stop putting it off! Am considering entering a race, possibly Race 4 Life or even Hursley 10k, now that would be a challenge (would I drop out at last minute?)!
2. No more baking cakes, pies and biscuits (unless for others/gifts) Successful
3. Do not buy ANYMORE chocolate (even when I’m due on!) Successful – well kind of, I didn’t ‘buy’ any, but there was a lot around still after Easter and we had Chocolate Torte for pudding on the day of the Royal Wedding.
4. Have only ONE daily treat (i.e. biscuit with coffee at friends or Tots groups) Failed, I ate a whole packet of shortbread biscuits and scoffed some mini eggs. I’ve consumed all the cereal in the cupboard so can’t keep having numerous bowls in between meals.
5. Reduce portion sizes by AT LEAST 25% Failed, only once though – we had a big roast on the day of the Royal Wedding
6. Drink more water Successful
7. Alcohol ONLY on Jez’s rest days Failed! Drank on day of Royal Wedding and had a glass last night too.
8. Carbs only ONCE day Failed lots! Need to start again with this one.
9. Sensible puddings ONLY when eating out/entertaining Failed, see 3
10. Pray into this DAILY Failed, but started proper praying again today.
I will revisit this post weekly to record my progress.
“For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.” 1 Tim 4:8