One week in, how have I done?
These are the goals I set at the start of my Muffin Top Challenge, my progress is in red.
1. Exercise EVERYDAY: Jog/Workout DVD/Brisk buggy walk/Bike Ride/Trampolining (housework DOES NOT count) Successful
2. No more baking cakes, pies and biscuits (unless for others/gifts) Successful
3. Do not buy ANYMORE chocolate (even when I’m due on!) Successful
4. Have only ONE daily treat (i.e. biscuit with coffee at friends or Tots groups) Successful
5. Reduce portion sizes by AT LEAST 25% Successful
6. Drink more water Successful
7. Alcohol ONLY on Jez’s rest days Successful
8. Carbs only ONCE day Failed once – ate the leftovers of Charlotte’s lasagne dinner after eating pasta for lunch
9. Sensible puddings ONLY when eating out/entertaining Failed 3 times – ate ‘healthy’ puddings as they were due to go out of date.
10. Pray into this DAILY Successful
Exercise – I’ve noticed that I am able to run further each time I go out and have selected a number of lovely routes right on my doorstep, it’s a great time to enjoy God’s creation. Listening to music helps me keep up a good pace, so I’ve downloaded a 90’s complilation. My Tracy Anderson DVD (available here) is great, I’m now able to do most of the exercises and feel much more flexible. Last night was the first time I used the weights, which was a bit of a killer but I can really feel the difference.
Healthy Eating – This is the area where I am most pleased, I love food and usually have large portions and second helpings with wine for dinner, snaking through the day on crisps and biscuits. By making sure I’m only eating carbs once a day has made me more aware what I am putting in my mouth, before I would not have thought twice about eating a large slab of chocolate, but now it’s different.
I will revisit this post weekly to record my progress.
“For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.” 1 Tim 4:8